Clear winners last night were Brian Williams of NBC and Jon Harris of Politico, an inside-the-beltway read for hot political/campaign news. They asked questions specifically tailored to each candidate, based on that candidate’s position vs. another candidate, conflicting positions and controversial statements. Both followed up when a candidate tried to stone-wall their response and called on other candidates to rebut based on their association with the issue being discussed. Romney made mince-meat out of Perry when the latter called Social Security a ‘ponzi scheme’ by defending SS as help tens of millions of American retirees depend on. Perry is scarry!
You are here: Home » Moderators for GOP Debate Set a Good Standard
- Noise: Will Israel Attack Iran
- I will be in China Jan. 10-24th
- Egyptian Crack-down on NGOs a Diversion
- Are Humans Evolving?
- Study: Brain Drain Helps Poor Countries
- No Posting Until January 2nd! Happy Holidays!
- ‘A Single Spark Starts a Prarie Fire’
- The ‘Other 14′ on UNSC Speak Up
- Egyptian Women Rally Against SCAF
- MF Global: Lobbying on Eve of Vote
- Case Study in Hear-Say Journalism
- Guess Who Else is Fighting Terrorists in Pakistan?
- Romney’s Right about Class Warfare
- Politics Devolves into Correcting Lies
- Immigrants Taking American Jobs: Think Again
- Drone and Insurgencies
- If You Read This Blog…
- Norman Ornstein on “Worst. Congress. Ever.”