Chinese authorities closed several stores in Chongqing, a mega-city home to 30 million people, after 2 weeks of investigating the mislabeling of pork, a staple of the Chinese diet. Called the ‘green pork’ issue, Wal-mart is accused of ‘violating the rights of consumers’ by selling regular pork marked as organic. Several local Wal-mart employees were arrested
You are here: Home » China Closes Wal-Marts for Mislabeling
- Noise: Will Israel Attack Iran
- I will be in China Jan. 10-24th
- Egyptian Crack-down on NGOs a Diversion
- Are Humans Evolving?
- Study: Brain Drain Helps Poor Countries
- No Posting Until January 2nd! Happy Holidays!
- ‘A Single Spark Starts a Prarie Fire’
- The ‘Other 14′ on UNSC Speak Up
- Egyptian Women Rally Against SCAF
- MF Global: Lobbying on Eve of Vote
- Case Study in Hear-Say Journalism
- Guess Who Else is Fighting Terrorists in Pakistan?
- Romney’s Right about Class Warfare
- Politics Devolves into Correcting Lies
- Immigrants Taking American Jobs: Think Again
- Drone and Insurgencies
- If You Read This Blog…
- Norman Ornstein on “Worst. Congress. Ever.”